AGB Lubrication System

More
1 year 1 week ago #1008 by dynamics
Mark, I emailed some pictures of an AGB used to extract power from high speed rotor of CFM56-3. What do you guess about how oil could be distributed in the AGB and what is function of the oil nozzle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #1010 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic AGB Lubrication System
The gear box oil is the same as the engine oil. How it moves through the drive itself is more up the design engineers.

I have never seen an open gear box. They are not normally changed by itself. If one fails (rarely), the complete engine is changed.

Spay nozzles are designed to apply oil directly on to a bearing or component. The oil must "flow" for cooling purposes. Parts are not submerged in oil. They get fresh cool(er) oil which is pulled down by gravity to a sump, then to a pump..... fuel/oil, air/oil cooler, or both.....and then it starts the journey all over again.

More
1 year 1 week ago #1011 by dynamics
Replied by dynamics on topic AGB Lubrication System
Do you agree with me that the spray nozzle is used to impinge oil jet on bearing instead of gear

More
1 year 1 week ago #1012 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic AGB Lubrication System
Again..... I do not know what's going on inside the gear box. That is probably explained in the Maintenance Manual.

To the best of my knowledge (I'm not an engine man), oil is sprayed onto the N1/N2 main shaft bearings.

Time to create page: 0.817 seconds